Wednesday, September 14, 2011

Finally: Balance.

I would like to place a new personal goal for myself: pump breastmilk. This is so that my son can start using a bottle for when he wants milk. He is ten months old, primarily breastfed, and at nine months we started him on solids using jarred baby food for the convenience of it (I don't have time right now to blend our own food). I chose Earth's Best as the favored brand. He is now able to eat jarred baby food comfortably (it's so refreshing when he opens his mouth freely and lunges for the spoon!).

I am confident that my fiance will be able to watch him for a few hours while I have some personal time to myself. All I have to do is supply the bottle of milk and allow a couple of days where my fiance and son are alone together for a few hours, gently easing up to the "Anne's night out". We should be good to go.

Attachment Parenting has been my guiding set of principles for raising my son. I have to admit, I haven't been quite as proactive in implementing balance into my life. But next week, I aim to do so. I have not been to one of my favorite art museums in a while, and I plan to take an evening for myself and see their current exhibitions. I am hopeful and confident that this will work. (I resolve to post a blog entry about this experience next week.)

No comments:

Post a Comment