Tuesday, September 13, 2011

Introduction

Hello, world!

My name is Anne, and I'm a student in a teacher education program. I'm also a mother. I come from an arts and humanities background. I have had professional experience in graphic design. I love art, learning about science, watching compelling films, and reading great books.

My goal is to become a secondary science teacher with an arts endorsement, so that I may be able to teach high school art and middle grades science.

Deciding to become a teacher was a great leap. Before my son was born, I seemed to have an aimlessness about me, very fearful about many things. My view of the world seemed myopic, as though I was stuck in a bubble of "me-ness." My son has impacted me so much that my perspective became enhanced with empathy and curiosity. A drive to make a meaningful impression upon children and peers has started to grow.

I'm hoping this blog will be my genuine journal along this new journey. I hope to meet other students and aspiring teachers, that I may learn from you along the way.

No comments:

Post a Comment